Children playing in the park Sunday next to College Station’s Pebble Creek elementary school heard a fire alarm at the school. A College Station ISD spokesman says the kids called in the alarm. It turned out there was no fire. CSISD’s alarm technician was testing the system while the building was vacant.
Saturday (July 16) shortly before 4:30 a.m., a structure fire alarm was received by College Station firefighters to Northpoint Crossing apartments at Texas and University. Firefighters found heavy smoke in the hallway on the fourth floor of the five floor building. The fire, which was around a dryer, was quickly placed under control. Fire sprinklers that were activated sprayed enough water that firefighters cleared as much as they could before leaving the rest to property maintenance. No injuries were reported.
WTAW News has also requested information from Bryan firefighters about a Saturday night structure fire at at undisclosed commercial building on Harvey Mitchell Parkway. The only information that was on BFD’s Facebook page was that no one was injured.