College Station firefighters responded Thursday evening to a two story home on Bird Pond Road on the report of a chimney fire. The resident reported that he built a large fire in the fireplace and had firebrands and embers shooting from the chimney. An inspection by firefighters found no fire extension into structural members of the home. The resident was advised to keep a smaller fire burning and regularly clean the chimney. No injuries were reported.
Residents of a College Station apartment complex were displaced Tuesday night following a cooking fire. 9-1-1 dispatchers reported the residents had evacuated and there was a smoke alarm sounding at the Heritage at Dartmouth complex. CSFD crews arrived in four minutes and had the fire out seven minutes later. The fire was found in the first floor kitchen and limited to the area of origin. Fire crews then removed smoke and water from the structure before turning the building over to apartment management. The cause was unintentional. No injuries were reported.