College Station firefighters give a shoutout to the quick work of the staff at Southwood Valley elementary for evacuating the school Tuesday morning. That’s after smoke was found in a classroom. Firefighters removed the smoke, which was created by an overheated lamp.
And CSFD made a second trip to home north of Thomas Park that caught fire. The first engine crew that arrived on Walton near Puryear Monday around 11 p.m. extinguished the fire in the attic that had reignited. An undisclosed number of occupants were relocated following Monday afternoon’s first fire. Investigators determined the fire was accidentally set by an acetylene torch that caught the exterior of the house on fire then went in to the attic.