More Than 20 Displaced By A College Station Apartment Fire

More than 20 residents of a College Station apartment complex were left out in the cold following an apartment fire. According to the College Station fire department, someone leaving a cigarette on a balcony caught fire. That resulted in enough damage to displace residents of nine units at the Vintage apartments on Southwest Parkway. CSFD’s community action response team assisted those victims.

Two other reports of CSFD structure fires resulted in no fires. What was smoke under a toilet of a home on Berkeley Street…between Francis and Dominik…was traced to the city’s continuing testing of old sewer lines. And smoke coming out of an oven at a home near Castlegate Park on Ravenstone Loop was caused by build up on the bottom of the oven while the resident was baking a cake.