City Of Bryan’s Golf Course Bar And Grill Closed Friday Due To Coronavirus

If you tried to eat at the city of Bryan’s golf course restaurant Friday and found it was closed, here’s why.

The city of Bryan announced an employee tested positive for coronavirus.

The bar and grill at the city golf course was closed Friday to be deep cleaned and will reopen Saturday.

The golf course and pro shop remain open.

According to the city’s news release, the infected employee has not been at work since last Friday when the worker requested time off that was not related to coronavirus.

Management learned Monday the employee was exposed. And management learned Friday the employee tested positive.

after management learned the employee was exposed outside the restaurant.

News release from the city of Bryan:

The Quarry Bar & Grill at the Phillips Event Center is closed for 24 hours after management was notified an employee tested positive for COVID-19.

Phillips Event Center management was notified on June 5 that an employee had been exposed to COVID-19 outside of the restaurant. The Phillips Event Center followed protocol and immediately sent that staff member and several others who with whom they had close contact home, and they were not allowed to return to work, pending the results of their COVID-19 tests. During this time, staff continued to thoroughly clean the restaurant and follow health and safety protocols.

Management was notified this morning, Friday, June 12, that one employee tested positive for COVID-19. The Quarry was immediately closed to allow for the restaurant to be deep cleaned.

The Quarry will reopen at 11 a.m. on Saturday, June 13. The City Course at the Phillips Event Center and the pro shop both remain open.

The individual who tested positive for COVID-19 has not been at work since Friday, June 5 because they requested to be off (not related to COVID-19).

They informed Phillips Event Center management Monday, June 9 that they had been exposed to COVID -19.

It was at that point, Phillips Event Center management informed the employee and several additional employees who had close contact that they could not return to work until they were tested.