LISTEN LIVE 
Home » Featured Stories, Local News for Newsletter, News » College Station Apartment Residents Displaced By Cooking Fire

College Station Apartment Residents Displaced By Cooking Fire

College Station firefighters say a cooking oil fire Thursday night at an apartment caused more damage because the resident used water to extinguish it.

No one was injured and the residents were evacuated from the unit at Holleman Crossing.

CSFD reports the apartment’s sprinkler system, which activated in the kitchen and living areas, overwhelmed the fire and prevented further heat damage. T

hen firefighters replaced the sprinkler heads, restored the system, and removed smoke and water from the apartment.

Share this article:

Short URL: http://wtaw.com/?p=135742

Posted by on Nov 8 2019. Filed under Featured Stories, Local News for Newsletter, News.
Listen Live to WTAW 1620
C.S. Lewis Tickets
Half Price Tuition

© 2019 WTAW. All Rights Reserved. Log in

-