Two Bryan Fire Department InvestigationsFeatured Stories, News Friday, March 8th, 2013
All occupants of a two-story fourplex on the Bryan side of the Northgate district had to relocate following a fire Thursday during the noon hour. Deputy Fire Marshal William Bouse says College Station firefighters received the initial call to 701 Gaytha Street. Bouse says a cigarette not fully extinguished ignited a second floor balcony, which fell and spread the fire to the first floor unit.
WilliamBouse030713gaytha.mp3WTAW’s Bill Oliver visits with William Bouse about the four-plex fire on Gaytha Street.
Bouse is also investigating a suspicious fire on Wednesday that totalled a mobile home at 1227 Eureka, located near the intersection of Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive and Waco. Bouse says a firefighter was treated at the hospital for second degree burns to his foot when the floor gave way. And heat from that fire melted siding on a neighbor’s house. Bouse says further inspection resulted in that structure being declared unsafe and that occupant was relocated.
WilliamBouse030713eureka.mp3William Bouse talks about the mobile home fire on Eureka Street.
Short URL: http://wtaw.com/?p=57840