Home » Featured Stories, News » West Bryan Mobile Home Fire Started By Electric Heater

West Bryan Mobile Home Fire Started By Electric Heater

A family of five escaped a fire that destroyed their mobile home Friday morning.

William Bouse of the Bryan Fire Department says the mother was cooking breakfast when she smelled smoke and discovered an electric heater had ignited something combustible.

The trailer, located off Highway 21 near FM 2818, had no smoke detectors. Bouse says had the parents not been awake at the time they and their three children may have died.

Bouse says no neighboring trailers were threatened. Bouse says the family was using an electric heater because they had run out of propane.

WilliamBouse021513.mp3William Bouse visits with WTAW’s Bill Oliver.


Short URL:

Posted by on Feb 15 2013. Filed under Featured Stories, News.
Listen Live to WTAW 1620

15 hours ago

NewsTalk 1620 WTAW

The Arts Council of the Brazos Valley announces the resignation of CEO Chris Dyer: ... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook

© 2018 WTAW. All Rights Reserved. Log in -