Home » Featured Stories, News » Unattended Candle Leads to Bryan House Fire

Unattended Candle Leads to Bryan House Fire

Photo of the house fire at 410 North Randolph courtesy of the Bryan Fire Department’s Facebook page.

A house south of Neal Park in Bryan is expected to be a total loss following a fire Monday afternoon.

Gerald Burnett of the Bryan Fire Department says a candle was burning on an end table in the front room of the home at 410 North Randolph. The occupant was in the front yard talking with a neighbor with the windows and front door open when he smelled smoke.

Burnett says flames from the candle lit a love seat and the occupant was not able to get the love seat outside.

The fire caused minor damage to a car parked in the driveway but no neighboring structures were affected.

There were no injuries.

The household of three adults were receiving assistance from the Red Cross and Union Baptist Church.

Burnett says there were no smoke detectors.

GeraldBurnett120312.mp3Gerald Burnett visits with WTAW’s Bill Oliver.

Short URL:

Posted by on Dec 4 2012. Filed under Featured Stories, News.
Listen Live to WTAW 1620

Unable to display Facebook posts.
Show error

Error: (#4) Application request limit reached
Type: OAuthException
Code: 4
Please refer to our Error Message Reference.

© 2018 WTAW. All Rights Reserved. Log in -