A&M Weekend Game Promotions and Aggies CANSports Thursday, October 18th, 2012
Aggies CAN is approaching, the largest student-athlete run canned food drive in the nation held right here in Aggieland. Bring a can; get in free to the Soccer and Volleyball games. The first 20,000 people to give a monetary donation of at least $1 or donate two canned good items at the football game on Oct 20th will receive a free Whataburger coupon. “A dollar today keeps the Hunger away”
The No. 9 Texas A&M Soccer team will offer numerous promotions this weekend as the Aggies host a pair of Southeastern Conference opponents. The Maroon and White, who have already wrapped up the SEC Western Division title, are continuing their hunt for the SEC overall crown when they host Tennessee on Friday and Georgia on Sunday.
On Friday, the No. 9 Aggies host Tennessee in a 7 p.m. match with two featured promotions on Senior Night.
- The Aggies will recognize the soccer Class of 2013 prior to the start of the match
- FREE admission with donation of a can to the annual Aggies CAN food drive
On Sunday, Texas A&M hosts Georgia in a 1:30 p.m. match with a three promotions.
- All kids will be admitted free with purchase of an adult ticket (limit four children per adult)
- Fans with a ticket from Saturday’s football game can purchase a $3 general admission ticket
- A “Family 4 Pack” is available – Fans can get 4 general admission tickets, four Aggie Dogs and 4 small sodas for just $36
The Aggies are 14-2-1 on the season, including 8-1-0 at the friendly confines of Ellis Field. Texas A&M owns a 78-10-4 mark at home since the 2005 season. The Maroon and White will be looking to break the single-season school record for shutouts. The Aggies enter the fray with 11 blankings, one behind the 12 they posted in 2006.
Several special promotions are on tap for the upcoming pair of crucial volleyball matches for Texas A&M, which takes on SEC preseason favorite Tennessee Friday at 6 p.m. at Reed Arena and then plays host to current league-leader and 11th-ranked Florida on Sunday at 1 p.m. in a match that will be nationally televised by ESPNU.
Texas A&M vs. Tennessee, Friday, 6 p.m., Reed Arena
- Aggies CAN: receive free admission to the match by donating a canned food item at the entrance
- Camper Appreciation Night: anyone wearing a 2012 Texas A&M volleyball camp T-shirt will be admitted free
- Club Volleyball Night: club volleyball members can purchase a ticket for only $3 by going to the link, http://www.12thmanfoundation.com/ticket-center/volleyball/club-teams.aspx
- Autograph Session: there will be an autograph session with the Aggie Volleyball team in the volleyball practice gym immediately following the match
- Maroon & White Scrimmage: stick around after the match to see the Aggie men’s basketball Maroon and White Scrimmage
Texas A&M vs. No. 11 Florida, ESPNU, Sunday, 1 p.m., Reed Arena
- Halloween at Reed: wear a costume and get in for only $3
- Halloween costume contest: a $200 gift card will be awarded to the person judged to have the best costume
- Football ticket special price: get in for only $3 by showing a ticket from Saturday’s A&M-LSU football game
- Junior Aggie Club: pre-match activities for members include trick or treating with Aggie athletes, face painting and an appearance by Reveille. For more information on Junior Aggie Club, go to http://www.aggieathletics.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27300&ATCLID=205498672
The Aggies are 15-3 overall and lead the SEC Western Division with a 7-2 conference record.
Short URL: http://wtaw.com/?p=49913